Home » Local News
Category Archives: Local News
The alleged target of the ozubulu massacre that happened on the 6th August at the St Philip Catholic Church Ozubulu that left not less than 15 people dead and many wounded has finally opened up one week after the attack.
Aloysius Ikegwuonwu,(alias) Bishop, has finally opened up regarding the attack which was reported was carried out against him as a result of his dealings in South Africa. Speaking at the palace of Igwe Nnamdi Oruche, the traditional ruler of Ozubulu when the when Anambra State Council of Traditional Rulers paid the monarch a condolence visit on Tuesday, August 15th.
Speaking to the traditional rulers, Bishop told them to use there powers and pray to God to reveal the perpetrators of the sad incident and bring them to law because he has nothing to do with the attack as speculated.
Reacting to allegations leveled against him as being one of those behind the attack, Bishop said
“Has anybody previously brought any complaint against me for any reason. Anybody I offended should come out publicly and say it.”
He stressed that the various empowerment programs he has initiated are pointers to the fact that he is a peace loving person. He added that God has blessed him enough to help others and that people should not be envious of that. He advised those making negative statements about him to stop immediately.
While addressing newsmen on Wednesday, the chairman Senate committee on tertiary Institutions Sen. Jibrin Barau made an appeal to the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) to call off its strike and resume every academic activities while they negotiate with the federal government.
Barau said the Senate, in a letter sent to it by ASUU, learnt that part of the grievance was lack of confidence in the committee set up by the federal government to re-negotiate the 2009 agreement.
He said that ASUU did not report back to the senate on the difficulties it had in the re-negotiation with the committee before embarking on the strike.
He urged the union to re-consider its position and return to the re-negotiation to save the students, parents and the entire nation the negative effects that would result from the action.
He added that;
“Let me say that we are very concerned about what is happening in our universities.
“The Senate and indeed, the National Assembly, has been in the forefront of making sure that we act swiftly whenever it is necessary to nip in the bud any problem that is rearing its head.
“I want to say that it was the reason why we decided to intervene immediately when the warning strike action was about to take place and we did all our best to bring the two teams together to negotiate.
“That was what led to the setting up of the Wale Babalakin committee.
“ASUU raised issues that had to do with their allowances and part of it was captured in the supplementary budget that we passed as of that time.
“In the subsequent budgets, some of these areas were also taken care of.”
A suspected female suicide bombing according to Reuters staged a fresh attack at a market in Konduga, a village near the ancient city of maiduguri in Borno state. The suicide bomber as reported detonated the bomb on her in the market killing more than 30 people and wounded scores of people over 83.
Two other suicide bombers also reportedly blew themselves up at the gate of an internally displaced person (IDP) camp thou no death was recorded but people where injured.
The attack came not less than 24hrs after the leader of the Boko Haram sect released a video dicing president Buhari and the former president Goodluck Jonathan. The leader also threatened the city of maiduguri with this statement;
“You are finished! You the people of Maiduguri, we will finish you for choosing the way of the infidels, for embracing democracy,”the sect leader had said in the video.
Meanwhile the men of the Nigerian army have been given a time flame to capture the boko haram leader.
The presidential Media team paid a visit to president Buhari at the presidential house in london. The team was led by the minister of information and Culture Lai Mohammed whom the president described as a Hard working man doing there interaction.
In a funny tone, President Buhari told the minister of information (Lai Mohammed) that his news is everywhere in the media which implies that he is working hard. When asked on his returning back to the country and the state of his health, the president told the team that he has learnt to keep orders hence he has been ordered by his doctors to rest a while before returning home.
Watch Video Below;
We wish the President Quick Recovering!!!
According to vanguard news, the leader of the Indeginious People of Biafra Nnamdi Kanu said that arresting him will quicken the actualisation of biafra even more faster than he anticipated.
He said “If you arrest me, Biafra will come even quicker than we anticipate. I am not afraid of being arrested. I have been there before and if need be, I will also be there again.
“I will be very happy if they re-arrest me. If we are hoping for 90% compliance with the boycott of Anambra State Governorship election, my arrest will make the compliance 100 %.
“But why will I be re-arrested and nobody is going to arrest Tanko Yakassai or Ango Abdulahi because of what they have been saying? Is it because they are Fulani? They own Nigeria? They are immuned to arrest? Is arrest only meant for Biafrans and not for Fulani?
“Who will arrest Lawal Daura of DSS for flouting court order to release Bright Chimezie Isinwa of IPOB? The Fulanis say whatever they like and go free and nobody holds them accountable because they own Nigeria.”
He also added that he has the right to travel to any part of the country without restriction.
According to the IPOB leader, “I go to anywhere I want to go. I don’t listen to threats. They motivate me rather than dampen my spirit. That thing people say I cannot do is what I love to do. When the time comes, I will go to Lagos if I have to go to Lagos.
“I have friends with connections in Lagos, Fani Fayode is my friend and he is in Lagos. If I try to visit him in Yoruba land, then I must see him in Lagos.”
This is a breaking news coming from Ozubulu in Anambra state this morning. This attacked was carried out by some unknown gunmen leaving over 20 people dead and several others wounded inside St Philip Catholic Church Umuezekwe Ofufe Amakwa Ozubulu this morning doing the morning mass.
We just received this report from one of our reporters from Anambra state. According to an eye witness report, it was said that the gunmen actually came to assassinate a Billionaire son of the clan Chief Alloysius Ikegwuonu (a.k.a BISHOP EBUBECHUKWUZO 1 OF OZ) but unfortunately for them they met his absent and they came inside church close to his domain to ransack for him all to no avail, and they start shooting sporadically on the congregation thereby leaving not less than 20 persons dead and numerous were injured including the BISHOP father who was shot on his hand.
This is truly a black sunday for the people of Ozubulu as the incident has thrown the community into mourning. The police have started gathering reports and investigations towards the attack.
In a added comment, another reporter states the actual cause of the attack which can best be describe as the clash of the Titans. The reporter said;
The Shootings That Happened Inside The Anambra Church Today was as a result of an Ongoing Drug war Between 2 Igbo Drug Lords based in south africa, the killers came to avenge the death of one of their Gang members who was killed by a popular Rival drug dealer in Ozubulu known as Alloy Ebubechukwuzo Aka Bishop, Ebubechukwuzo is also the person Who single handedly built that church (St. Philip), So the attackers went to his house this morning to kill him and when they couldn’t find him they drove into the Catholic church he built and when they still couldnt find him they went on rampage going on a shooting spree Opening fire at the Church members killing many including Ebubechukwuzo’s father and even a new born baby
May the souls of the faithful rest in perfect peace ..Amen!!
Sad Photos Of A Young Nigerian Man Found Decaying In His Apartment In China After Being Missing For Weeks
The Nigerian Community in China needs help in locating the family of a young man known as Buchi, who was found dead and almost decaying in his apartment in the country.
A Nigerian man simply identified as Buchi was found dead in his room yesterday August 3rd, almost decaying after being dead for many days.
He was said to have been missing for some weeks only for his body to be found in his apartment. He was found naked on his bed.
Multiple online reports revealed that the deceased’s friends who did not see him for about a week, decided to look for him; without knowing he has died inside his room for days.